Nearly every woman has an opinion about Eat, Pray, Love. Many men, too.
I watched half of the movie last night, and right now, my opinion is...Julia Roberts is always Julia Roberts. She's more Julia Roberts than Liz Gilbert.
And my wanderlust is through the roof.
Specifically, I would like to be in Spain. I would like to be eating pintxos in San Sebastian, a seaside Basque city that I never got to visit. I would like to be sitting cross-legged on the Moor-tiled floor of a tiny apartment with George in Barcelona, drinking sherry and eating Manchego. I would like my toes in the sand at Barceloneta. I would like to be clambering on the cannon at Mont Juic with Andrew. I would like to be staring up at the glowing beacon of Tio Pepe.
A character in Eat, Pray, Love says Americans don't know pleasure. Speaks of the dolce far niente, the sweetness of doing nothing. In Europe, anywhere in Europe, you can't help but soak up this philosophy. Here, it is hard to know that you deserve a break, ever.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment