☀ About ☁

Frenetic Rambles & Idle Reflections. Nothing too Directed, Really.


Monday, August 13, 2012

It is suddenly hot here. By which I mean, 80 during the day and high 60s at night, but during the day I am sweating and sunburning and I don't entirely like it. The other night at dinner across the street we asked Gage how he was because he seemed stressed out. I'll be so glad when summer's over he said. Because it's really busy here, we asked? No, he said, because I really hate the sun.

I am studying for the GRE, reading admissions essay questions, and feeling what Zoe and I titled "preemptive nostalgia." It is maybe time to leave this place but maybe not time to leave this place. You know? Sugar says,  you don't need any reason to go except the feeling that you have to go. But now I am feeling like, do I have to go? Maybe school would be enough. I want mountains tattooed on my back. I have taken this green abundance for granted. Would I not wilt without the love of the man I love. And so who knows.

One of my dearest friends came to visit, and we went everywhere, from end to end of the city, beaches and parks. Another is coming today. Wednesday I change jobs (within my job). Sort of a promotion and a schedule change (fewer overnights, more days a week). Chrissy will be back from Sierra Leone very soon which feels significant in a way I am unable to properly express. I have a new old pink bedspread. Flies enter the room through the open window.

No comments:

Post a Comment