I finally, officially, landed the two jobs I have been applying for for the past two months. Thank the lord for labor laws and an hourly wage.
I am having a lot of separation anxiety. Not eating breathing living laughing stressing expelling outreach team - that will be so strange. My work bonds are always strong but this is maybe the strongest. Even still being an on-call, it won't be the same.
I went to the Oregon coast in a car full of my roommates for the weekend. We were fed by generous parents and camped in a grassy paradise. We played grunge classics around the fire. We brought our own coffee grinder. We drank beer in a ditch on a deserted beach, our backs to the calm Pacific. My back burned in the shape of small sparrow wings. We spread germs. We engaged in a home firework display, Roman candles and mortars and bottle rockets and sparklers and three generations, open shutter photographs and some injuries, the bay at low tide stretched before us, the bright stars. We threw out crab pots and retrieved them some hours later, none we could keep. We woke up at 6:30 in the silent morning and raced a winding, verdant mountain road towards home, packed together like sardines, smelly and happy, wailing along to The Knife.
There are so many Cancers who I love. Birthdays all over the place, these days.
I am trapped in a sense-memory vortex, reliving days and moments this time, date last year. Alien, firefly, firecracker, firetruck, trauma summer. I can't believe a year has passed so quickly. This time of year, I miss everywhere else I have lived. But I am also bursting with love for where I am and who I am with.
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment