☀ About ☁

Frenetic Rambles & Idle Reflections. Nothing too Directed, Really.


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today is sun and walking and this week has been holding,
and comfort with good women, conversations about broken love and working with hands and the places to raise a family. my mom says about hard things "Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" and that is comfort too.

You can measure a coffee shop in Seattle in part by how hip its clientele is. Today, walking, felt like Amsterdam, walking, to me, but there were no canals to circle, and there was no sweet dank smoke to breathe in, and here, I cannot duck in anywhere with tobacco-stained walls. Today for my writing I choose Victrola where a man with a thick beard and ripped t shirt sits ferocious and loud on a typewriter and 1/2 of the men have skinny jeans and long stringy hair and 1/2 the women have knit hats and tall leather boots. Often I blend in equally hip but today I drink Earl Grey not pourover I wear a bright purple jacket I wear my hair in a bun I wear normal jeans a normal sweatshirt. My friends from Buffalo are here so I am inspired to dress like a teenaged version of myself. This coffee shop is special because of the soft light the dark wood the floor to ceiling front windows.

In Amsterdam today I would have picked the coffee shop at the top of the OBA also floor to ceiling windows dark wood soft light, but everyone short slick hair and all leather and six floors up looking out over the harbor. Today I wanted to take a bath but I didn't and I wanted a harbor but it was too much work to go downtown and this is a water city but it is so much more of a challenge. For water I am going to Orcas next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment