☀ About ☁

Frenetic Rambles & Idle Reflections. Nothing too Directed, Really.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Monday I spent with Becky Globus and Amber Rampino in Vancouver, BC, in the pouring rain. We ate delicious pub food approximately every two hours. I experienced a remarkable cocktail called a "cohiba," a mojito spinoff involving blackberries and I'm not sure what else. We watched a pulpy film noir involving a beefy blond gentleman with a poor haircut named Larry. We stopped to buy them new socks. People looked at us like we were aliens. We delighted in KinderSurprise. We made friends with a waitress named Patsy. We walked through Hastings, heroin capitol of the world, which Becky dubbed "zombie camp." We bought brightly colored wool hats. We listened to Alice in Chains.

Tuesday and Wednesday I spent in a romantic daze of food and naps and walks and talks. This period has left me moony and breathless and endowed me with a newfound affection for peanut butter and jelly and banana sandwiches, and Lion King metaphors.

I sent cassette number one of my sound project out into the world, and while Meghan Hanlon has the power to do whatever she wants with it, I am 95% sure she is sending it on tour with Clyde and Kimya Dawson. Her brother who owns the coffee shop where we sat gave me all of his leftover donuts and muffins. Having my hands back in a creative pie has me so tingly-excited. I had dinner and wine with Jesse and Ryne, a kale and yam and onion and tortilla and green chili and lime and cheese concoction that remains in my taste-memory.

Today I should have been running errands or at the very least doing my laundry, but instead I have been lying in bed, drinking coffee, making playlists, and reading and re-reading my brand new letter from Peace Corps Volunteer Christina Corrigan, far far away in Sierra Leone but always nearby in my heart. Meg Soli and Angela Marvin will be here in two to three hours and I could not be more thrilled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment