☀ About ☁

Frenetic Rambles & Idle Reflections. Nothing too Directed, Really.


Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Relevant Aside

I, like many children (but not many American children) grew up with the most badass series of children's books based on Finnish folklore, by Tove Jannson. Thanks to Fink (who I met in Ireland, and might see here soon!!!!!) I JUST discovered that The Moomins have been animated and televised on the Continent for ages. Read them, read them, read them. And then watch them on Youtube. All the characters are wonderful. One of them is The Groke. She is so sad and lonely that everything she touches or comes within a foot radius of freezes and dies. The Groke looks a lot like Cousin It from The Addams Family. Here is an excerpt from one of the clips involving her.



(Whenever I feel extra awful, I think about the Groke)

No comments:

Post a Comment